THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL. PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org TO HAVE YOUR NAME ADDED TO THE WAITING LIST.
The Ontario Association of Art Galleries and the Ontario Museum Association present Emergency Preparedness for Cultural Institutions, a Canadian Conservation Institute Workshop. This workshop discusses the importance of preparing for emergencies, shows how to form and train an emergency response team, provides guidance in creating an effective emergency plan, and offers training in the salvage of water-damaged collections. The workshop is highly interactive and includes lectures, demonstrations, discussions, group exercises and hands-on activities.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- identify the principal emergency risks affecting their collections
- develop a written emergency response plan for their institution
- create an emergency response team
- develop the team’s decision-making skills using emergency scenario exercises
- salvage water-damaged artifacts and collections
- employ appropriate health and safety measures in the event of an emergency
- identify measures to avoid, block, detect and/or respond to potential hazards
Participants will receive and learn how to use the digital CCI Emergency Response Planning Workbook, which includes an associated emergency plan template, worksheets, salvage information and related resources. These materials provide a step-by-step guide to assist participants in creating an emergency response programme on their own after the workshop that is customized to the needs of their institution.
Registration costs include workshop materials, lunch and refreshments for two days