This is the first of two courses which deals with the subject of preventive conservation. The artifact is examined and described in terms of material, manufacture, and condition. Types and causes of deterioration are also identified. Consideration of the environment focuses on phenomena that present themselves as potential hazards to the artifact.
- Go to https://members.museumsontario.ca/
- Log in as an individual member
- Click on the green My Courses button
- Under Upcoming Courses click on the course you want to register for
- On the Course Information page click on Register
If the course is full and the registration button does not appear, email firstname.lastname@example.org to add your name to the waiting list.
Registration for Certificate in Museum Studies courses is open to OMA Individual Members and Commercial Consultant Members.
Not a member? Join today! Click here to find out more about the benefits of membership in the OMA.