Participants are introduced to the social history and development of museums through an exploration of a series of themes and contexts. These include: The Historical Context (museum origins; Towards a Contemporary Definition of "Museum"), The Professional Context (Changing Nature of the Museum Workforce; Tools to Support Professionalism), The Social Context (Museums & Forces of Change, Envisioning the Future of Museums).
Online registration is now available.
1. Go to https://members.museumsontario.ca/
2. Log in as an individual member
3. Click on the green My Courses button
4. Under Upcoming Courses click on the course you want to register for
5. On the Course Information page click on Register
If the course is full and the registration button does not appear, email email@example.com to add your name to the waiting list.
Registration for Certificate in Museum Studies courses is open to OMA Individual Members and Commercial Consultant Members.
Not a member? Join today! Click here to find out more about the benefits of membership in the OMA.