Backus Heritage Village (Village historique de Backus)

This village is located on the site of one of the first farms within the conservation area of ​​the domain Backus. There there are 15 historic buildings, including the grist mill of John C. Backhouse, built in 1798, two log cabins and an octagonal school. The exhibits highlight marine objects, nineteenth-century storefronts and agricultural tools collection. Special activities and interpretive programs are presented throughout the year. School programs, badge youth programs and interpretive tours are available on prior reservation. A reconstruction of an event from the War of 1812 is held annually in September.

Site Webhttp://www.lprca.on.ca

TypeBâtiment historique | Musée communautaire