Human Resources & Business Continuity Planning
- Government of Ontario: Guide to the Employment Standards Act HERE
From the World Health Organization: Getting Your Workplace Ready for COVID-19 HERE
Flexible work arrangements and sick leave:
- Where feasible, adjust policies to reduce social contact, such as:
- flexible hours
- staggering start times
- teleworking arrangements
- using email and teleconferencing
- Relax sick leave policies to support employees in self-isolating when ill.
- This includes suspending the need for medical notes and reduces the burden on an already stressed health care system.
- Prepare for increases in absenteeism due to illness among employees and their families or possibly school closures.
- Access your business continuity plan for how to maintain key business functions if faced with high absenteeism.
- Consider the need for cross-training personnel to function in key positions.