Museum of Northern History
Located at the Sir Harry Oakes Chateau, the museum provides a fascinating glimpse into Kirkland Lake’s past. An ongoing series of exhibits and special shows highlights the diversity, talent and energy of the community today. The Museum also houses an Art Gallery which features local, national and international artists each year - showing between 8 to 11 exhibitions each year.
The Museum also strives to hold youth & adult programming, events and activities throughout the year. Due to the COVID pandemic, many events have been postponed or cancelled. We look forward to being able to return to hosting workshops, art openings, concerts, luncheons, teas, and other events.
Highlights & Features of the Chateau:
- Permanent Exhibits highlighting local history
- Year Round Art Gallery
- Tourism Information
- Gift Shop, featuring local art & artisan works
- Rental Spaces, including the Billiard Room & Gallery
- Commercial Kitchen for Rentals
- Events & Activitiy Venue
- Historical Archives & Research Materials
- Photography Venue, for Weddings & other special occasions.
- Unique Architecture
- Bird Watching by the Lake, (the old "Kirkland Lake")
- Local Picnic Spot
Follow Us on Social Media!
Facebook: Museum of Northern History