Park House Museum
This community museum has what is believed to be the earliest surviving building on either side of the Detroit River. The French frame log structure was built in the 1790's at the mouth of the Rouge River in Detroit and was moved to Amherstburg after the American Revolution.
Today the Park House Museum is a year round museum catering to the needs of vising school children, seniors and the general public. The main floor is restored to the Victorian era and is a permanent display of life in the 1850's. The second floor is the scene for rotating displays that have featured various themes including: Victorian Medicine, Vintage Toy Shop, Uniquely Amherstburg, and The Great War.
During the summer months the Pensioner's Cottage is open and tinsmith demonstrations are presented to the public.
Curriculum based programs are available and custom tours can be arranged for special interst groups.