The County Museums
People visit and stay in Prince Edward County because of its natural charm, its extraordinary restaurants and wineries, its entrepreneurial spirit, its talented artisitic community, and woven through it all is a character steeped in history.
The County Museum, a system of five seasonal museums, highlight different themese related to the heritage of the community--much like individual chapters of Prince Edward County's story! The County Museums are the guardians of 35 buildings/structures and estimated 50,000 artifacts. They are also the caretakers of heritage gardens, parklands, orchards, outdoor exhibits and an early 19th century cemetery. They are:
- Ameliasburgh Heritage Village (Admission)
- Macaulay Heritage Park (Admission)
- Mariners Park Museum (Donation at the Door)
- Rose House Museum (Donation at the Door)
- Wellington Heritage Museum (Donation at the Door)