OMA Annual Conference 2019, Net[works] Benefit
We are pleased to have you participate in the OMA Annual Conference 2019, Net[works] Benefit. In order that the OMA can best meet your needs and to ensure that you are aware of your responsibilities as a presenter, please read, sign and submit this Speaker Agreement to the Ontario Museum Association (OMA) by completing this form or emailing the completed PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2019.
Agreement Terms and Conditions
- I agree to present at the OMA Annual Conference 2019, October 24 or 25, 2019 at The Best Western Brantford (19 Holiday Dr, Brantford).
- I understand that the Ontario Museum Association respects, values and celebrates the unique attributes and perspectives that make each person who they are. I recognize that the OMA, its partners, community members, key stakeholders and programs reflect core values of diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion, and that as a presenter I agree to respect and adhere to these core values.
- The following named session will cover the topics outlined in my session proposal. I agree to meet all program-related deadlines provided to me by the OMA for this conference, including the deadline for submitting presentation slides and/or any audiovisual recordings (October 4, 2019).
- I understand that I must register for the conference on the day of my presentation and that at least one speaker in my session must register by July 1, 2019. I understand that all speakers must be registered by August 23, 2019. I will also cover all travel expenses incurred as an OMA Conference speaker.
- I understand that missing a deadline may result in my session's removal from the conference program and it is my responsibility to communicate with the Conference Coordinator if I will be unable to meet a deadline for any reason.
- I will be responsible for supplying all handouts and materials for my session. I will contact the OMA one week prior to the presentation if I require participant numbers or assistance.
- During my presentation, I will not engage in any type of promotional marketing or selling of any product or service.
- To the best of my knowledge, my presentation does not violate any proprietary or personal rights of others (including copyright, trademark and privacy rights), is factually accurate, and contains nothing defamatory or otherwise unlawful. I have the full authority to enter into this agreement and have obtained all necessary permissions or licenses from any individuals or organizations whose material is included or used in my presentation.
- I understand that by agreeing to present at this event, I authorize the OMA to use my name, likeness, photograph, and biographical information (all provided upon signing this agreement) in connection with the use and promotion of said event.
- I understand that by agreeing to present, I provide consent for the OMA to record my presentation in audio and/or visual form, including live-webcast. I authorize any images and/or audiovisual recordings in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with other images and audiovisual footage, to be displayed on the Members-Only (password protected) portion of the OMA website.
- I grant to the OMA a royalty-free license to use, reproduce and distribute my presentation (including all handouts and presentation slides) in any way in the future, with appropriate credit to me. I understand that this license does not change the fact that I retain copyright ownership of my presentation, and does not prohibit me from using my presentation in any way or from allowing others to use it.
- I agree to notify the OMA immediately in the event that I am unable to meet my obligations as a presenter.
Termination of Agreement:
The OMA may terminate this agreement at any time for just cause without notice before October 11, 2019. Just cause would include breach of any item outlined in this agreement and failure to comply with all the terms outlined in this agreement.
It is agreed that the laws of the Province of Ontario shall apply to this contract and in the event of any dispute, it shall be settled by arbitration under the Arbitration Act. The decision of the arbitrators shall be final and binding and not subject to appeal.
I agree to return a signed copy of this agreement to the OMA by or before May 31, 2019.
October 24-26, 2019
The Best Western Brantford, 19 Holiday Dr. Brantford
May 31, 2019:
- All speakers must submit a Signed Speaker agreement
- Upload your photo in the speaker agreement form, or send by email to email@example.com if submitting your speaker agreement another way (ie. by email).
July 1, 2019:
- Register for conference
October 4, 2019:
- Submit presentation slides to firstname.lastname@example.org
I hereby agree to the terms and agreements as expressed above.