The Ontario Museum Association (OMA) Annual Conference supports the goals outlined in its Ontario Museums 2025: Strategic Vision and Action Plan to create:
- Vibrant and Vital Museums
- Relevant and Meaningful Collections
- A Strong and Successful Sector
- An Effective and Collaborative Workforce.
The conference will further the goals of the OMA Strategic Plan, Towards 2025. The Conference also serves to strengthen the museum and heritage sector by providing:
- professional development and learning opportunities,
- information and inspiration to museums and museum professionals,
- and bringing the sector together in meaningful and productive discussions
Museums are both engaged as global citizens, and central to the vitality of their local communities. In working towards the goals of Ontario’s Museums 2025, museums are committed to their local communities and the province. The OMA Annual Conference 2020 provides an opportunity to reflect on how Ontario museums are currently working, and can become more engaged, with worldwide initiatives to improve the lives of people, protect the planet, strengthen our institutions, and ensure prosperity for all.
To read the full Call for Proposals, including questions to consider, CLICK HERE.
Proposals are due by 11:59pm on Monday, March 16, 2020. Session organizers will be contacted by the end of May 2020.