2022 is the Ontario Museum Association’s 50th Anniversary!
We are celebrating 50 years of advancing a strong museum sector for Ontario, working with staff and volunteers across the province from 700 museums, galleries, and heritage sites.
We would like to invite you to mark the commemorative occasion by asking you to share a celebratory video message (60 seconds maximum).
We plan to share these messages throughout our anniversary year across digital platforms—website, e-newsletter and social media—and feature a video compilation at the OMA Annual Conference 2022.
Suggestions for talking points when recording your video message:
- Congratulations to the Ontario Museum Association on celebrating its 50th Anniversary!
- As a [Council member/member/CMS student/graduate/Course Director/volunteer/partner/supporter] of the OMA, I am pleased to mark the occasion
- For 50 years, the OMA has been a leader in advancing a strong, collaborative and inclusive museum sector in Ontario and…
Answer one or more question/prompt:
- What does the OMA mean to you?
- Tell us about a fond memory you have of the OMA.
- With the OMA’s support, my museum/I was able to…
- What is your future wish for the OMA and/or Ontario museums?
- I am proud to be an OMA member because…
- Why are Ontario museums important?
- I wish the OMA continued success!
- See you at Conference this fall!
You will find other suggestions for your message HERE.
A few considerations:
- Lighting: make sure you have enough lighting to be seen (Tip: face a window to make use of natural light)
- Sound: consider room acoustics (Tip: a smaller room may work best), if you’re recording outside, we recommend using a lapel microphone or headphones
- Camera: set-up your camera at eye level (Tip: position your camera so you’re not looking down), sit closer to your camera (approx. 2-3 feet away), and don’t forget to look directly into the camera! Record your video in horizontal format
- Location and background: choose a space that is quiet and free from distraction
- Last step: play it back!
Submission of your message about the OMA’s 50th Anniversary indicates your acceptance of the following terms and conditions: you authorize the Ontario Museum Association to use any of these recordings for promotional and archival purposes in print and/or electronic publication in perpetuity. This includes publication on OMA website and other OMA communication vehicles that reach a wider audience.