Each year the Ontario Museum Association awards a bursary to cover the tuition fee for one course in the Certificate in Museum Studies program. The OMA invites applications for the fiscal year April 1, 2022 to March 31, 2023.
To be eligible:
- The candidate must have successfully passed a minimum of five certificate courses by March 31, 2022
- The applicant must submit a letter to Ontario Museum Association Council, noting the following:
- the specific course in the 2022-2023 schedule for which the application is being made
- the need for financial assistance
- reasons, other than financial, why they should receive the bursary
- The applicant must submit a letter of reference from a museum or heritage professional. The letter should comment on the candidate’s ability, commitment to the field, and likelihood of successfully completing the entire Certificate in Museum Studies program.
The deadline for applications and reference letters is Friday, September 2, 2022.
Send your letter of application and reference letter to:
Ontario Museum Association Council
OMA Council will select one successful candidate and notification will take place by October 2022. If the bursary recipient has enrolled in a course in the 2022-2023 schedule that takes place before the award is announced, they will be reimbursed for the tuition fee.
For further information, contact the OMA at 416-348-8672, toll-free in Ontario at 1-866-662-8672, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.