|The Canadian Heritage portal for Museums Assistance Program Emergency Assistance has been updated to accept applications from small museums with budgets between $2,000 and $10,000.
The Museums Assistance Program (MAP) - COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund for Heritage Organizations provides financial assistance to organizations in order to allow them to continue to care for their heritage collections under these exceptional circumstances so that they remain accessible to Canadians.
Who can apply
The following organizations with heritage collections are eligible for funding:
- Not-for-profit organizations such as museums, archives, or historic sites (including those that operate seasonally and those without full-time staff);
- Indigenous organizations or official language minority community organizations; and,
- Municipal and university museums with a distinct budget.
To be eligible, applicants must also:
- Provide public access through regular hours of operation (including on a part-time or seasonal basis), and,
- Have had annual expenses in 2019 between $2,000 and $3,000,000.
September 1, 2020
Please note that funds are limited and the department expects a high volume of applications. The program recommends organizations apply at their earliest convenience.