2020: Year in Review
As we reflect on the past year, we are thankful to our members and supporters who make the OMA's work possible. With your help, the Association will continue empowering Ontario’s museums in 2021 and beyond through key advocacy initiatives, enriching the sector with professional development opportunities, and connecting museum professionals, volunteers, and institutions from across the province.
Here are some of the ways we were able to support the museum sector this year:
- We collected two timely COVID-19 Impact Surveys, the results of which we shared with government and across the sector to voice museum-specific needs. We extend our heartfelt thanks to all for taking the time to contribute your essential information.
- We also worked with the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture industries to create re-opening guidance for museums.
- We delivered a webinar series and facilitated member check-ins to ensure our members and the museum community had the knowledge they needed to make decisions amidst the uncertainty brought on by COVID-19.
- We hosted our first virtual edition of the OMA Annual Conference, bringing together some the sector's leading thinkers and innovators.
- Our bursary program enabled us to make the conference accessible to the greatest number of people, creating connections across our community during these challenging times.
If you can, consider making a donation this year to support the Association's work to continue empowering Ontario's museums.
Thank you again to all of our members, supporters, and partners who make our work possible.