Plenary Speakers Cheryl Blackman, Asheda Dwyer, Kelley Swift-Jones, and Shelley Falconer
Conference Session Highlight:
OMA at the AAAMC Panel
Conference recordings are available now!
In this session, Ontario delegates who had the opportunity to attend the Association of African American Museums annual conference in Mississippi last August share their experiences.
The presenters discuss how their learning will inform their future work through three case studies: the challenges of exhibiting the African collection held by the Art Gallery of Hamilton; the interpretation of the Oro African Church site; and the need for a Black history and cultural space located in Toronto.
- Cheryl Blackman, Director, Museums & Heritage Services, City of Toronto
- Asheda Dwyer, PhD Candidate, York University
- Kelley Swift-Jones, Curator, Simcoe County Museum
- Shelley Falconer, President & CEO, Art Gallery of Hamilton
Access the webcast HERE
1. Sign in, or create a free account. Please note, this login is different from your OMA membership login.
2. Click 'Archives' in the top left corner.
3. Select the Conference 2019 and "OMA at the Association of African American Museums Conference"!
Check out photos from the conference HERE