Liberal Party of Canada Election Platform:
Items of Relevance for Museums
Bringing Canadian Culture to the World
- Launch a new cultural diplomacy strategy with an annual budget of $20 million per year to leverage the work done by our artists and cultural industries to support Canada’s diplomatic goals.
- Forge an international coalition to work on a new UNESCO Convention on the Diversity of Cultural Content Online.
Empowering Racialized Artists and Journalists
- Develop a new $50 million Changing Narratives Fund to empower diverse communities, including BIPOC journalists and creatives, with the tools to tell their own stories and promote diverse voices in arts and culture and across media.
Helping Artists and Cultural Industries Recover
- Launch a new Arts and Culture Recovery Program that will match ticket sales for performing arts, live theatres, and other cultural venues to compensate for reduced capacity.
- Ensure the realities of artists and cultural workers are considered in upcoming reforms to the Employment Insurance (EI) system.
- Hold a summit, within the first 100 days, on plans to restart the industry.
Supporting Canadian Businesses
- Expand borrower eligibility to include non-profit and charitable social enterprises.
Urban National Parks and Access to Nature
- Invest an additional $200 million in the Natural Infrastructure Fund to continue funding community-led public green space projects in collaboration with municipalities, Indigenous communities, and non-profit organizations.
View the full Liberal Party platform HERE.