Hutchison House Museum
Located in a historic 1837 stone building, this museum is restored to reflect the family life of Dr. John Hutchison from 1837 to 1847. Dr. Hutchison was an early resident physician in Peterborough and the home was built by the community for him. Young Sandford Fleming lived with the family when he first came to Canada. The building's top floor is restored to 1867 depicting the second owner's lifestyle. Outside is a historical garden. Costumed interpretive tours are offered. Education programs are available for schools and groups. Lectures and workshops are offered and a daily Scottish tea is provided in the summer. A guided tour is available on video to watch on the main level for visitors unable to navigate the stairs.
Type: Historic Building