The Ontario Museum Association, our partners and members of the Indigenous Collections Working Group are pleased to invite you to join us online for Indigenous Collections Symposium 2021: Mashkawatgong-mamawewiziwin – strengthening our bonds, sharing our practices. Taking inspiration from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action and the Indigenous Collections Symposium: Promising Practices, Challenging Issues and Changing the System in 2017, this symposium continues the conversation about Indigenous collections care with a focus on putting ideas into practice. This two-day event aims to be a forum to connect museum professionals from Indigenous and non-Indigenous organizations and members of Indigenous communities; to connect with and learn from each other, and to have two days to focus on strengthening our bonds and sharing our practices.
Check the event website to see the program and speaker information.
Dates of Event:
March 24, 2021 - Pre-symposium Strengthening Our Bonds Networking Event, 7pm (separate registration - see link in confirmation email)
March 25-26, 2021 - Symposium sessions and discussions 9am-4pm
REGISTRATION HAS NOW CLOSED.
This symposium is an opportunity for people from organizations and communities with Indigenous collections in their care to learn from each other’s practices and to network with others.
This symposium will be of interest to museum workers and community members who identify as Indigenous.
A limited number of bursaries have been allocated for individuals representing Indigenous-run organizations.
- These bursaries are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Bursaries cover the cost of registration.
- Bursaries will be awarded to no more than two people per organization.
Bursary Application instructions:
1. Complete the registration form, including the name of the organization you represent and check the box in the form indicating that you would like to apply for the Bursary.
2. On the payment page select Pay Later from the list of payment options.
We will follow up to confirm your registration.
Did you register for the Symposium in 2020?
- You are automatically registered for the 2021 online event.
- You will be contacted directly by the OMA to confirm your registration and to confirm if you are eligible for a partial refund.
- If you have not heard from us by February 9, 2021, please email email@example.com.