The year 2017 marks the Ontario Museum Association’s 45th year of promoting the museum community and providing programs and services for individuals, institutions, partner suppliers, and consultants in Ontario’s museum sector. The OMA Council has approved a new fee structure for Institutional Members, effective April 1, 2017. This structure recognizes feedback from our members to continue to deliver strong programs and services, and also considers and reflects the capacity of each member institution. A modest increase to Institution 2 and 3 membership fees has been implemented. The OMA will continue to strive for the lowest possible membership fees, while staying conscious of balancing revenue sources to meet rising costs.
In the past 2 years, the OMA has delivered:
- Museum/Cultural Worker – An individual who is working or who has been working in a paid or unpaid capacity in a museum/cultural organization in Ontario; or an individual who is or has been a trustee of a museum/cultural organization in Ontario $80
- Colleague – An individual employed at an institution that is an OMA member in good standing $70
- Supporting – an individual who is interested in supporting the mission and the objectives of the OMA, but who is not eligible for membership in other categories $60
- Student – an individual enrolled full-time in a museum studies, arts administration or any other educational program in Ontario $50
Click here for more information about Individual Member Benefits.
An Ontario museum which falls within the definition of a museum as outlined in the Letters Patent, or any organization which is legally incorporated and professionally related to the mission and objectives of the Ontario Museum Association.
Institutional fees are based on Operating Budgets:
- Less than $165,000 - $100
- Between $165,000 and $2.1 million - 0.0006 x Annual Operating Budget = membership fee
- Greater than $2.1 million - $1,250
*This structure takes into consideration the varying operating budgets of our members and reflects the capacity of each member institution. To allow the OMA to continue to fulfil its mission and operate at the highest possible capacity, a modest increase to Institution 2 and 3 member fees has been implemented.
Click here for more information about Institutional Member Benefits
- Consultant – an individual who derives income from selling products or services to the museum sector $125
- Corporate – a corporation or business which is interested in supporting the mission and objectives of the Ontario Museum Association $300
Click here for more information about Commercial Member Benefits