2. Tell candidates what your museum does for your community!
The main ways of engaging with all candidates include in-person meetings and social media:
a) Engage in-person
1. How would you support the contribution of museums in our community?
2. Do you support museum funding?
3. How could museums work with your government to create opportunities and benefits for your constituents?
4. Do you believe museums have value? How has a museum positively impacted your life?
- Meetings in your museum - You can also invite all candidates to meet with you! If you are able to meet with a candidate, ask permission to take a photograph together and post it to social media.
b) Engage through social media:
- Post content about the priorities/successes for your museum (Step 1)
- Tag all local candidates in posts
- Use #MuseumsConnectON and tag the OMA @MuseumsOntario on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Use pictures whenever possible
- OR share OMA's sample posts with fast facts and graphics HERE.