For information and updates on the Inclusive Museum Leadership Symposium event on March 23, 2018, please click here.
- Access to an initial cohort of diverse emerging museum leaders with experience engaging with experimental ideas and innovative ways of working to address current challenges faced by museums and collecting institutions.
- Training developed by the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion and delivered by webinar to support inclusive leadership and increase awareness around strategies for creating inclusion.
- Resources identified during training delivered to support inclusive leadership and inclusion
- The results of a survey of Ontario’s museum workforce that establishes a demographic profile of museum workers, and a baseline of perspectives amongst these populations related to diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
- Access to the Inclusive Museum Toolkit launching at a Symposium on March 23, 2018, and developed by 10 partner museums from across the province with feedback drawn from the experience of experts and innovators on our project Advisory Committee and from within their communities / Tourism regions. The toolkit is expected to include the following areas:
- Collections Development
- Exhibitions and Curatorial Practice
- Community Engagement
- Volunteer and HR Policies
- Events and Programming
- Marketing and Communications
- Interpretation and Education
- Audience Insight
- Facilities Management
The two (2) projects the OMA is working collaboratively on with the ROM and CCDI are as follows:
|Driving Inclusive Change: Youth Shape the Future of Peel Museums||2016-2017|
|Museum Inclusive Leadership Project||2017-2018|
For more information about these projects, please contact the Project Coordinator, Rhiannon Myers, at firstname.lastname@example.org